I first made this taco salad for a potluck lunch at work last year — I wanted something that was easy to make and transport. But I liked it so much that it’s become a regular part of our dinner rotation. It’s easy to mix up a large bowlful (I serve the dressing on the side) and have several delicious meals.
Chopped taco salad
Serves 4 (3 cups each)
By Jane and Michael’s Gourmet Extravaganza
- 1/2 lb of ground turkey
- Taco seasoning, to taste
- 1/2 head of iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 head of romaine lettuce
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup of finely shredded cheese (I prefer cheddar or a Mexican blend)
- Ranch or chipotle ranch dressing (I use Wishbone brand)
Cook and drain the ground turkey. Add a bit of water and taco seasoning to taste; simmer for 4-5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Chop the iceberg and romaine lettuces and place in a large bowl. Add the cilantro, black beans, corn, tomatoes, black olives, green onion, shredded cheese, and cooled turkey meat. Toss to combine and refrigerate until serving.
Serve taco salad with chipotle ranch dressing (and tortilla chips, if desired). Enjoy!
Pairs well with: