If you look at our meal plans for the last several months, this tasty chef salad is the dinner you’ll find most often. We’ve gotten into the habit of having salad for dinner at least twice a week — and this is my go-to salad.
If you’re looking for quick meals during the week, you can prep the veggies and hard-boil the eggs on the weekend. Then, all you have to do is combine all the ingredients and you’re ready to eat! Another easy option is to use leftover rotisserie chicken in place of the deli ham. Either way, it’s delicious.
Serves 2 (1 large salad each)
By Jane and Michael’s Gourmet Extravaganza
- 4 oz. of mixed salad greens
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup frozen peas, cooked and drained
- 4 oz. of deli ham or rotisserie chicken, diced
- 2 oz. of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
Evenly divide the prepared ingredients between two large bowls (I use our pasta bowls). Top with freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle each salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!
Pairs well with:
Freshly-baked bread and butter