I made this broccoli potato egg bake for brunch this morning, and Michael and I really liked it. I found the recipe in a special Taste of Home brunch magazine, but made a few changes, including increasing the amount of broccoli. It’s a pretty healthy recipe, so you’ll be able to enjoy it guilt free.
The recipe is easy to make, so it would be a great choice for a brunch party! We’re also hopeful that the leftovers will be a delicious breakfast for tomorrow morning.
Broccoli potato egg bake
By Jane and Michael’s Gourmet Extravaganza (Adapted from Taste of Home)
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 2/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 eggs
- 4 egg whites (you can save the yolks for another use)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan chese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook and drain the potatoes and broccoli florets.
Spray a 2.25 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Place the potatoes, broccoli, red pepper, and green onion in the dish. In a medium bowl, mix together the eggs, egg whites, and remaining ingredients. Pour over the vegetables and stir slightly to remove air bubbles.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the eggs are set. Enjoy!