Michael and I had this smoked salmon salad for dinner last night, and it was delicious. It has all the components of a great dinner salad — veggies, fruit, nuts, protein, and cheese. I forgot to add avocado, even though I bought it at the store, but think it would be a great addition.
I decided to make a new category on the blog for lighter recipes (a.k.a. heavier on veggies and lighter on calories), and this is the first recipe I’ll be adding to it. I served this salad with toasted pita bread for a quick, easy, and healthy dinner.
Smoked salmon salad
By Jane and Michael’s Gourmet Extravaganza
- 4 oz. of mixed salad greens
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 4 oz. of smoked salmon (skin removed)
- 2 oz. of crumbled blue cheese
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Divide the salad greens between two bowls. Top with the veggies, cranberries, sunflower seeds, salmon, blue cheese, and avocado. Serve with pepper, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!