I’ve made this chipotle chicken taco recipe several times since Michael first created it. It’s a great (and healthy) alternative to a ground beef taco filling. I like to serve it “tostada-style” with toasted corn tortillas, but you could also use flour tortillas if you prefer.
Chipotle chicken tacos
(Makes 8-10 small tacos)
By Jane and Michael’s Gourmet Extravaganza
- 1 lb of ground chicken
- 1/2 of a yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp of chipotles in adobo (about 1 pepper, finely diced)
- 1 tsp of Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning
- Dash of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 of a jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
Brown the ground chicken in a large skillet, breaking the meat into small crumbles as it cooks. When the chicken is nearly cooked through, add the onion and sauté until softened. Add all the remaining ingredients (except cilantro) and cook on low heat about 5 minutes. Stir in the cilantro just before serving.
Serve with toasted corn tortillas and your favorite toppings (cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, etc.)